What does the term ADD really mean? ‘ADD is the term commonly used to describe symptoms of inattention, distractibility, and poor working memory’. https://www.additudemag.com/add-adhd-symptoms-difference/
Are you concerned about yourself or a loved one because you completed a checklist and the results show that you have symptoms of ADD?
Well, many children and people will test positive on those questionnaires because life is full of stress, transition and traumas which affect the brain on a short term or long term basis.
How we respond to stressors depends on the longevity of the stressor, type of stressor and our sensitivity to stressors.
Many people who learn to reduce their stress (and therefore their home environmental stress) reduce the symptoms of ADD significantly. Parent child stress Read more…
How and what can be done to naturally reduce ADD symptoms and avoid medication that has side effects that you’d like to avoid?
First of all, some of the symptoms of ADD and stress are similar:
- Disorganization and problems prioritizing.
- Poor time management skills.
- Problems focusing on a task.
- Trouble multitasking.
- Excessive activity or restlessness.
- Poor planning.
- Low frustration tolerance.
Some signs of prolonged stress include:
- Decreased sex drive.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Disorganized thoughts.
- Eating too much or too little.
- Feelings of helplessness.
- Frequent illnesses and infections.
These symptoms overlap and coincide with each other so how do you decrease the symptoms naturally without medication?
- Assess the stressors at home, work and relationships
- Assess all areas of your life to determine what is out of balance. Is it your socializing, self nurturing, financial, work stress, family relationship stress, health (diet,sleep schedule)or physical activity and or your home or surrounding?
- Are you on medication that can cause side effects listed above?
- Are you willing to let go of stressors? Are you willing to bring more positivity and accountability into your life.
- Its doable! And life can change and stress reduced with the willingness to make the changes. Life Coaching for yourself and/or your family can greatly reduce stress by altering several areas of your life. With the help of an experienced life coach you will share in the process of identifying and reducing your stressors as well as identifying your strengths and optimizing them. A life coach will help you to stay accountable to the necessary changes in your life to reduce symptoms of ADD and/or stress. Make an appointment: Www.innovativecousnelinginc.com