Many of us are experiencing stress. If you have tired adrenal glands, you may not be able to handle stress well. Here are some symptoms of adrenal stress and some simple ways to reduce stress so you can feel better and healthier.
- Wired and tired
- General fatigue, needing coffee in the morning to get going
- Poor focus or “brain fog”
- Depression, lack of motivation
- Inability to make decisions
- Anxiety or panic
- Feeling better only after exercise or in extreme cases feeling exhausted after exercise
Here are some quick easy ways to support your adrenal glands and reduce your stress:
- Get adequate sleep: 6 to 8 hours and use Melatonin ½ to 1 mg as needed.
- Caffeine elimination: slowly decrease to prevent withdrawal symptoms.
- Eat regular and healthy meals: mostly greens, fruit, and fish. Limit white flour or sugar.
- Exercise: increase your workouts or walks. Aim for 10,000 steps a day. Use a pedometer to help gauge. Get your heart rate up to the point of being out of breath for 4 min. Do a warmup and 30 seconds of high intensity, 90 seconds of low intensity, then repeat 8 times (about 20 minutes total). Do this three or more times a week. You don’t have to go to a gym. You can exercise in your home with a Youtube video
- Stress Management techniques: see a therapist or coach to help you stay consistent with your anti-stress plan.
- B Vitamins (B50)
- Ginseng: tincture ½ tsp per day also helps support your adrenal glands.
Explore the Naturally Minded Program and take a quiz to find any imbalances in your hormones or blood sugar.